The Beaufort County Library is seeking volunteer instructors and instructor assistants to help teens and ‘tweens make, learn, and explore in the new CreationStation (opening January 2014) at the St. Helena Branch Library.
You are a great fit because:
- You enjoy cutting-edge technology, “Making,” teaching, and inspiring youth
- You are tech-savvy and enjoy learning how technologies work
- You understand the development and social needs of teens
- You encourage “learning through play,” and can provide structure when needed
- You exude patience and have a good sense of humor
- You are passionate about 21st Century learning skills
- You are excited about using technology as a means for youth to discover their creativity
- You are an advocate for libraries and learning
- You have been looking for an opportunity to volunteer and give back to your community
- You have a semi-flexible schedule and can commit to a few hours a week (Starting January 2014)
Contact Melanie Florencio, St. Helena Branch Library Computer Lab Instructor: (843)255-6547,
Prospective volunteers must fill out an application and undergo a background check with Beaufort County Government prior to the commencement of volunteering. Upon approval, volunteers will receive CreationStation training. (Teens are encouraged to volunteer, and are not required to undergo a background check.) A small honorarium will be considered to those applicants who possess teaching and/or technology expertise.